A Japanese idol “If we had learned English like BTS, we would be #1 on the US Billboard charts”
Tegoshi Yuya, a former member of the Japanese idol group NEWS, has become the center of controversy when he recently undermined Kpop idol groups’ efforts as he stated his opinion on the reason behind the success of TWICE and BTS.
Tegoshi Yuya published an essay book titled “AVALANCHE” after leaving Johnny & Associates. The essay book was released on August 5 and includes scandal stories as he mentions the real names of the celebrities involved. It was also revealed that the essay includes even nude photos of the Japanese celebrity.
He started by stating in the autobiographical tell-all essay book, “Kpop music is dominating global music industry wherever you go rather than Johnny & Associate’s music. This is because Korea made it a national policy to support cultural art activities and have fiercely attempted to expand to the world.”
He stated, “BTS, that debuted in 2013, has gained enough popularity to perform in the Grammys as a special performance, and have shone their light as they show their power in the billboard charts and through their sales profits from their albums. TWICE is composed of international members from Japan and Taiwan. So, it’s possible for them to sing live in English, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese.”
He continued his essay as he stated, “If we studied English like BTS and were composed of international members like TWICE and attempted to expand worldwide, then NEWS or any idol from Johnny & Associate will be number one in the world. We would have made our way into America’s Billboard charts.” cr
original post: theqoo
1. Is he a comedian?
2. Not only Japanese idols think so, but most Japanese people also think so.. Are they stupid?
3. So why didn’t he learn English?
4. Who is he? What is this bullsh*t?
5. Wow, I’m glad the BTS members are all Korean…
6. He’s just jealous of Kpop
7. If you succeed just because you speak English well, how many people in the US would be No. 1 on the Billboard and get an Oscar?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. “Korea made it a national policy to support cultural art activities” So why does BTS still have to enlist even though they are contributing so much to Korea?
9. So why is BTS so popular in Japan even though they can’t speak Japanese? He’s so stupid
10. Is he crazy? There are so many people who speak English very well