A thing that part of the international Kpop fans can’t acknowledge
BTS paved the way
It’s like how BoA and TVXQ paved the way to the Japanese market
BTS are the ones who paved the way to the Western market
Rather than saying that they are the first one, it’s more like they have the most impact and influence in paving the way for future generations.
For example, after BTS won the Social Artist award on the Billboard > It increased the use of SNS for marketing purposes.
When BTS were the first one to legally distribute their albums in the western market > before other artists were only relying on bundled sales but after that, other groups started to distribute/shelf their albums too
Additionally, K-pop exposure expanded after BTS became mainstream
The logic of some Kpop fans who aren’t agreeing with this is
“There are other K-pop groups who were there before BTS”
“Why are you acting like this or that group wasn’t there at that time?”
But I find that there were other artists before BoA and DBSK before they paved the way to the Japanese market, but nobody is saying that the ones before them were the ones to open the way
Foreign fans are fighting every day for this
original post: theqoo
1. This is true, to be honest, BTS elevated K-Pop’s position all over the world
2. What? How can they deny this?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ People who don’t want to admit this are weird, they’re just jealous of BTSㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. BTS proves they paved the way to the Western market with stadium tours in Europe and America. Everyone knows but they’re just jealous…
4. To be honest, it’s true
5. I’m not a fan of BTS, but I think it’s true
6. Isn’t PSY the one who paved the way to the Western market?
7. It’s such an obvious fact… But why are there so many comments here?
8. Isn’t it just a fact that Kpop had no recognition in the western market before BTS?
9. What’s even more surprising is that there are people who deny this
10. BoA and TVXQ paved the way to the Japanese market and BTS paved the way to the US market