Big Hit side, “BTS Suga, using the lecture of a cult leader was a mistake, we apologize for causing this inconvenience”
“Hello, this is Big Hit Entertainment. This is our official statement on the issue of BTS’ Suga’s mixtape.
The vocal sample of the speech in the introduction of the song “What Do You Think?” on the mixtape was selected without any special intent by the producer who worked on the track, who was unaware of the identity of the speaker and used the sample for the overall atmosphere of the song.
After the speech sample was selected, the company followed our internal process and carried out procedures for reviewing the appropriateness of the content. However, in both the selection and review processes, we committed an error in not recognizing the inappropriateness of the content and including the sample in the song.
Big Hit Entertainment has processes for reviewing its diverse content targeted toward a global audience for potential social, cultural, and historical issues. However, we are experiencing the reality that there are limits to understanding and correctly responding to every situation. In this case, we were not able to recognize the issue in advance and displayed a lack of understanding about the relevant historical and social issues. We apologize to those who felt uncomfortable or hurt because of this.
Big Hit Entertainment has removed the part of the song in question and re-released the new version.
The artist also feels embarrassed and deeply responsible for a problem that has arisen in an area that he did not consider.
Big Hit Entertainment will use this incident as a lesson to conduct its production process more thoroughly.” cr
original post: nate
1. [+2704, -710] So all that media play about him being a genius but the actual album production was done by other professional composers.
2. [+2008, -346] Yes, it’s better to apologize quickly
3. [+1605, -596] At least he admitted it and apologized quickly. I’m sure he’s upset if it was used without him knowing
4. [+449, -46] BTS has never really apologized for something, they’re always hiding behind Big Hitㅋㅋ They’re not kids, but they cause trouble and then hide behind the mother’s skirt like a little kidㅋ
5. [+443, -38] Didn’t he say that he produced it himself when he first introduced the album? That he worked so hard on it, that he was proud? So why did Big Hit apologize for him this time? If he really thinks he’s an artist, he should apologize for this too. Doesn’t that make everything he has said so far hypocritical?
6. [+426, -35] How can you just include a voice because you thought it matched your vibe without bothering to check the source or who the voice is by? Is this the class of a world class idol?
7. [+380, -26] He didn’t know? You took the audio clip and sampled it and didn’t know?
8. [+348, -24] I can understand it’s a mistake, but I don’t understand how you put it in without checking the content…;;;