SM Entertainment’s official statement about BoA
According to reports on December 17, BoA was questioned by prosecutors on the 16th for violating import drug regulations due to careless customs clearance procedures by employees of her label SM Entertainment’s overseas branch. An employee of SME’s overseas branch is reported to have sent sleeping pills from Japan to Korea, and because they did not follow proper clearance procedures, BoA and the employee were questioned by prosecutors. Neither BoA nor the employee are said to have been aware of formal import procedures.
In response, SM Entertainment stated, “Recently, BoA took a prescribed sleeping pill after receiving a doctor’s opinion that she needed sufficient sleep due to a decrease in growth hormones, but the side effects were severe. Recalling that the drugs prescribed for sleep disorders had no issues during Japan’s activities, an employee of our overseas branch received the drugs through normal procedures after being checked at a local hospital, but he was not aware even the drugs prescribed overseas could be a problem in Korea.”
SME added, “We plan to strengthen multi-faceted education for all employees to prevent this from happening again in the future. I’m sorry to have troubled you.” cr
original post: theqoo
1. The explanation is neat and clear
2. It seems to have been clearly explained. And if there’s an issue, the investigation will reveal it!
3. Is it a drug not available in Korea??
4. I have nothing to say, although she didn’t mean it but nonetheless she broke the lawㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. I bet she will be innocent and the staff will bear all the responsibility
6. Why are you guys comparing BoA and Park Bom? Park Bom is a criminal
7. It’s ridiculous that Park Bom’s story reappears in the comments…
8. It’s a neat explanation and it’s the staff’s fault
9. I will wait for the results of the prosecution’s investigation
10. I don’t want to say anything.. I will wait for the results of the prosecution’s investigation