BTS auctioning microphones with their signature in the US for charity… “High value collection”
BTS to auction seven microphones used on their recent Love Yourself tour to raise funds for the Recording Academy’s MusiCares charity.
The seven mics, each signed by a member of the band, are expected to sell for $10,000 and $20,000 when they go on the block at Julien’s Auctions in Los Angeles on 24 January, two days before Recording Academy chiefs host the Grammy Awards.
“The microphones were used from 2017-2019 on the Love Yourself tour,” Martin Nolan, executive director of Julien’s Auctions told Reuters. “If you own something like this, signed by each member, that’s highly collectible and in years to come will very likely continue to appreciate in value.”
BTS’ microphones will be sold, alongside guitars signed by artists including Taylor Swift, Harry Styles, Dave Grohl, and Pete Townshend, in the online auction raising money for the music charity. cr
original post: naver
1. [+422, -10] But they seriously didn’t even give Bangtan a nomination at the Grammy, and it’s a bit unusual when it’s used to raise funds for the Recording Academy’s charity, the organizer of the Grammy Awards…
2. [+277, -3] No, The Grammy is really ridiculousㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They displayed Bangtan’s suit and now Bangtan’s mic auction, but why didn’t they even give us a nomination?? It’s ridiculous that when they do anything, they can call Bangtan.
3. [+138, -0] If someone really likes Bangtan, they’ll buy it…
4. [+103, -4] All I can say is that it’s amazing…
5. [+69, -3] If there was a British invasion in the 20th century, then the 21st century was a Korean invasion!!!
6. [+21, -0] That mics … I’m sorry to hear that it’s microphones during 2017 Wings Tours and domestic and international activities…. I personally want Bangtan to own all of their custom mics later. What’s more… A Grammy that’s reluctant to put Bangtan on a candidate. I’m sorry to hear that.
7. [+10, -0] Am I the only one who feels like the Grammy always uses Bangtan to make money without giving them an award? It would have been better if Bangtan spent the proceeds on domestic philanthropy.