Abyss by Jin of BTS has just been uploaded (Gift for Jin’s birthday)
Produced by BUMZU
(BUMZU, Jin, RM, Pdogg)
Additional Production – Pdogg
Keyboard – BUMZU
Synthesizer – BUMZU
Guitar – 박기태
Drum Production – Pdogg
Background Vocal – James Keys
Vocal Arrangement – Pdogg, GHSTLOOP
Recording Engineers – Pdogg @ Dogg Bounce
GHSTLOOP @ Phantom Field
Digital Editing – Pdogg, Hiss noise, GHSTLOOP
Mix Engineer – 박진세 @ Big Hit Studio
Mastering Engineer – 최효영 @ SUONO Mastering
“Hello, this is Jin.
Recently, I said this at a press conference.
‘I don’t want to share my sad feelings with my fans because I only want to show them positive things, but it’s different if it’s through music. I don’t want to share them through my ordinary actions, but I think it would be okay to show them through music.’
To be honest, I recently felt really burned out. I think it was because I had a lot of thoughts about myself.
I was congratulated by many people after reaching #1 on Billboard’s ‘Hot 100,’ but I wondered if it’s really okay for me to receive something like that…
There are honestly a lot of people who love music more than I do and are better at music than I am, so it’s okay for me to be feeling this happiness and being congratulated like this…
That’s what I thought about, and going further into that made me feel troubled so I wanted to lay everything down.
I received counseling over that, and afterwards, I spoke with producer Bang Si Hyuk.
He asked what I thought about possibly writing these feelings into a song.
I responded that I didn’t feel confident that I could make one well, and I was worried that the end result might not be good since I’m already at a position where that wouldn’t be acceptable. He replied, ‘That kind of thing isn’t important, but if you do it, then you’ll definitely do well. I’ll find someone who’d be a good fit for you.’
That’s how I met the composer Gye Beom Ju [Bumzu], and we spoke a lot about my feelings now and many other things.
He’s a bright and optimistic person. He said that he wanted to help me, and he said, ‘Let’s try writing about a lot of worries. If it doesn’t work out, then we’ll just start again.’ His positivity brightened me up again.
We spoke about many things, and he made a track then and there about my current feelings. ‘Abyss’ was completed after using the track to write about the things I wanted to try to express. I want to thank Gye Beom Ju once again.
It’s a bit of a sad song that’s not the right fit for a birthday, but it seems it would be a little off to release it when it’s not my birthday. That’s why I’m releasing ‘Abyss’.
ARMY, please listen to it well even if it’s lacking.
PS. Thank you to our leader who wrote the chorus lyrics.” cr
original post: theqoo
1. I love the song so much, Jin is a precious person, happy birthday to you💜
2. Seokjin-ah, I love the song so much, I love you
3. Seokjin-ah, I thank you for your precious song. Happy birthday, I love you💖
4. Seokjin, I love you💜💜💜💜💜 Our Seokjin let’s always be happy💜💜💜💜💜💜
5. Seokjin-ah, thank you for sharing your concerns and feelings with such great music ㅠㅠ I always support and love you !! Be happy 💜
6. The song, the vocal and the lyrics are so good ㅜㅜㅜㅜ Happy birthday to you 💜💜
7. I can feel the sincerity of Jin’s post, others may be jealous of BTS’s position right now, but those who constantly look at themselves like BTS members deserve their success
8. The song is so good, the song is my taste
9. Wow… I can feel how mature Jin has been in terms of music with this song
10. Seokjin-ah, let’s go together forever💜