BTS “Pressure of global fame? I would not be telling the truth if I said there’s no pressure … I try to keep myself on the right lane”
Paper Magazine revealed the interview with BTS on the 20th.
Q: Do you ever feel pressured, in the face of global fame, to present yourselves a certain way to the world? What do you do when you feel overwhelmed to be “perfect”?
RM: It would be untruthful if I said there was no pressure. Still, on stage I want to do really well.
Jin: I try to keep myself on the right lane.
Suga: I would not be telling the truth if I said there’s no pressure. But what can you do? Pressure is also one part of life.
J-Hope: I can’t say we don’t. These days, I feel like I live with a sense of mission. Rather than thinking, “It has to be perfect!,” I do what I have to do, making sure I remember the really important and fundamental things and trust that the results will follow.
Jimin: All things aside, I always think that I have to show a performance that is at least close to perfection for everyone who comes to see our performance.
V: I feel the pressure of showing a performance that is close to perfection, but I also think that being natural is important, too.
Jungkook: The pressure is always there. But I want to show them that I am improving.
Q: So many of your dreams have come true since you’d made your debut: No. 1 albums around the world, sold-out stadium tours, Grammys and U.S. award shows, becoming the first Korean music group to perform on Saturday Night Live… What new dreams have sparked for each of you now that you have these accomplishments crossed off the list?
RM: I want to head in a straight path without losing sight of what I feel now. [I want to] keep our passion burning bright and walk straight.
Jin: I talk to Producer Bang quite often about how we should work together for a happy life. How to live happily…I think about that frequently.
Suga: I would like to have a hobby since I never had one. I would love to have a lifelong hobby.
J-Hope: To stay healthy! So that we can keep doing what we’re doing now!!!
Jimin: I know that many people are cheering for us for who we are now. I think about how those people would love seeing our new, better music and performances. What I’m trying to say is, my dream is to show them more performances and better music for a long, long time.
V: They’re not new dreams, but dreams that we never imagined could achieve. I’d like to keep them going.
Jungkook: I wouldn’t want anything more than to keep doing music and performances just like now.
Q: What’s the greatest challenge you’ve faced as a group, and how did you overcome it?
RM: Seven grown men always staying close together and experiencing work and life at the same time means that we come face to face with numerous contradictions and differences. But I think we overcame that by working on understanding and caring for each other over time.
Suga: Seven men with different values living together was not easy. It was difficult for all of us to focus our thoughts on one single point, but looking back, they are all good memories.
J-Hope: There was a time when we fought each other quite a bit because we all came from different backgrounds and our personalities were so different. But we were able to overcome that after frequently talking to each other and living together for a long time. We now know what each of us are thinking just by looking at each other.
Jimin: Because each member was so different, I think it was hard for everyone to understand each other. But we didn’t give up, and now we are a team where each member is irreplaceable.
Jungkook: When something I said or did caused an issue or made people feel disappointed, I realized that I should think twice before I do anything, and not forget where I am, no matter what situation I may be in.
original post: naver
1. [+753, -16] That’s cool.
2. [+435, -10] BTS is awesome. I always support BTS who have a good influence.
3. [+317, -6] Because BTS members have good personalities, good at speaking, understanding each other and constantly working hard, I support them without hesitation!!! Thank you for being my pride every day. I always support BTS.
4. [+199, -9] Seriously, BTS is so cool
5. [+51, -3] I’ve been a fan since BTS’s debut. In the early days, they were cute and liked to joke around like the kids. Now they’re so famous and their influence is so great that I can’t imagine… I always wanted to tell them to be happy, but in fact, I knew that the public was cruel and incessantly crazy about their little mistakes… I can’t tell them not to feel pressured.. But I always support them.
6. [+27, -4] There are people who mention Jungkook’s tattoo issue and car accident. He made a mistake, so it’s important that he be more careful in the future. He admitted that he did wrong and agreed to take steps. But why do you keep talking about it?
7. [+17, -1] The answers from the interview are really insightful. I want to see BTS for a long time.
8. [+17, -2] I’m in my 40s but I respect those handsome young men in their 20s.