The military service waiver system for winners of art and sports competitions is expected to remain the same … “BTS is hardly exempt from military service”
According to Yonhap news, the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, decided not to expand the criteria for exemption from military service. A government official said: “The expansion of the system is a matter of government discussion.”
Accordingly, the special system for winners of art and sports contests is expected to remain the same. Therefore, BTS will most likely have to enlist without any special treatment.
original post: naver
1. [+155, -3] Our country does not respect national heroes. It’s bad that we send 7 such great young men to the army. Where is fair? BTS promotes Korea to places all over the world by thousands or even tens of thousands of times more than those who are fighting in the government. BTS pays taxes and contributes greatly to the Korean economy. Please look at reality.
2. [+126, -2] Just get rid of military exemption and don’t use BTS for national interests. They only get a presidential watch after attending government event. Don’t use BTS if you can’t afford it.
3. [+47, -1] Just need to change the system. It’s not too complicated.
4. [+32, -0] If BTS is not exempt, who’s exempt? The son of the lawmakers?
5. [+28, -2] I think that BTS should be exempt from military service;;
6. [+19, -0] To be honest, BTS contributes the most to Korean culture. Let’s make it more flexible. It’s important to win an international competition award, but BTS is also achieving great success in the music field?
7. [+18, -0] By the way, why are the winners of international competitions exempt from military?
8. [+16, -1] The influence of BTS is greater than you thought. In many waysㅋㅋ