CNN chose BTS as one of ‘TOP 10 artists who transformed music in the 2010s’
The 10 most influential artists of the decade: Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, Lady Gaga, Drake, Metro Boomin, Taylor Swift, Solange, BTS, Kanye West.
“Maybe you’ve never heard a BTS song. Maybe you’re one of their biggest fans. Either way, there’s no denying their impact. The boy band made the first Korean pop album to make it to the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart, which happened with 2018’s “Love Yourself: Tear.” Even more notable: They had three projects reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in a single year. And they’ve sold millions of albums around the world, including the US. K-pop has always been big in Asia, but the genre has historically struggled to break into the US. The Wonder Girls, a now defunct girl group, had a track called “Nobody” back in 2009, which entered the Hot 100 at No. 76. And in 2012, Psy’s “Gangnam Style” even broke the top 10. But BTS has blown everyone out of the water.
In short, this group has brought K-pop to the mainstream. And because their rise happened pretty late in the decade, it could signify a larger stream of K-pop into the American consciousness in the 2020s.” – CNN
original post: naver
1. [+307, -2] ‘The only Korean singers to be named.’ They’re changing our lives to look like them in a better way.
2. [+178, -0] Korea? Aren’t they the only Asian artists? I’m so proud of them.
3. [+143, -0] On why CNN appreciates BTS’s music transformation “In short, this group has brought K-pop to the mainstream. And because their rise happened pretty late in the decade, it could signify a larger stream of K-pop into the American consciousness in the 2020s” CNN explained.
4. [+111, -0] I’m so proud of BTS. Let’s fly higher in 2020 and be happy without being sick.
5. [+72, -0] As expected, BTS is the best.
6. [+20, -0] It’s not just in Korea, it’s great that BTS was one of the 10 most influential artists in the world in the 2010s. Congratulations. As expected.
7. [+9, -0] I believe that their hard work, effort, and sincerity have come to the world. I couldn’t help but listen to their music with the lyrics. I am proud of BTS. I always support them!
8. [+8, -0] One of the top 10 artists who transformed music in the 2010s was selected by CNN. That’s great.