EXO’s Chen, fandom divided into two over his marriage news “I don’t care to pay for his baby formula” vs “He should be congratulated”
original post: naver
1. [+1397, -143] Jongdae-ya, stop being an idol and be Kim Jongdaeddy… Seriously, we don’t want to see you unable to control your facial expressions off camera again. Do you want to get into mental fights with your fans?… We dont want. Your stubbornness is putting other members into uncomfortable situations. Please leave.
2. [+694, -43] If he handled this better, this wouldn’t have happened. He’s the one who was silent, what does he want us to do now?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+590, -41] He did everything he wanted without thinking about other EXO members. It’s ridiculous to use the pain of the members as a shield; If he had handled this properly in the first place, the fans wouldn’t have been against him like this. He’s the one who was unable to control his facial expression at fan meets, he’s the one who gave fan gifts to his girlfriend, and he’s the one who was silent to hang out with his girlfriend for a month before coming back, how can he say he wants to stay in the group?
4. [+430, -65] Please leave the group….🙇♂️
5. [+260, -22] The point here is not Chen’s marriage. The public seems to think that fans think Chen is going to leave his fans behind and marry his girlfriend. Of course, there are fans like that. Most fans would’ve been understanding if he had said from the start that he had a girlfriend and slowly introduced her through a process. Instead, he randomly came out saying she’s pregnant and that they’re getting married, all while he’s still an active idol. The other members can’t object openly, but I know they’ll definitely have a problem with their activities, but what can they do? Kim Jongdae, who has no interest in EXO and his fans. His private life seems to be more important, so he should leave the group, take off the Chen name and does what he wants to do.
6. [+162, -7] Fans wouldn’t be angry if Chen had been like Taeyang, who introduced his girlfriend and spent years on the relationship before making news of the wedding. This case must have been a shock to the fans as they knew about his child , while he’s still unmarried… This is not a simple situation where fans are like “you are an idol so you are not allowed to get married!”
7. [+125, -9] It’s the same as Sungmin of Super Junior. He’s not a solo, he’s an idol in an idol group. Dating’s fine but pre-marital pregnancy is honestly going too far.. I want you to live your life as a father and stop being a member of a group.
8. [+105, -10] Why do you compare Chen with Taeyang? Taeyang went public, while Chen acted as if he had no relationship and let fans cover for him. He didn’t feel grateful and not even ashamed without any apology. You’re a weird reporter.
9. [+79, -2] Chen’s going to need to work and make a lot of money if he wants to buy his blessing some baby formula and keep up his wife’s luxury spending habits. Be a solo artist, international fans will listen to his music, so please leave.
10. [+60, -5] Why does he keep staying in the group when he can solo? Don’t be stubborn.