Ha Jung Woo side “Propofol prescription for the treatment of his scars”
On February 18, media outlets began reporting that the name of the person who had acquired Propofol at the plastic surgery clinic was “Kim Sung Hoon” and that he had ordered the drugs under the name of “Kim Young Hoon.” Kim Sung Hoon is actor Ha Jung Woo’s real name, and Kim Young Hoon is the name of his younger brother.
On the evening of February 18, Ha Jung Woo’s agency, Walkhouse Company, released an official statement on the reports.
“For many years, Ha Jung Woo was concerned about a scar on his face. In January 2019, he was introduced to the director of a clinic that is famous for its laser scar treatment. That director was very eager to help Ha Jung Woo with his scar treatment.
Ha Jung Wo received the strong laser treatment about ten times between January and September 2019. Every time the treatment took place, the clinic director judged that the patient should be put to sleep. There was absolutely no case of drug abuse. After seeing some results from the treatment, he stopped going to the clinic last fall.
We will now explain the issue of ‘receiving the treatment under his actor dongsaeng [younger brother, but can also refer to any younger acquaintance]’s name.’
From the very beginning, the clinic director advocated for privacy and told him to wear a mask and a hat when he came for treatment. In this context, the director asked Ha Jung Woo for the names and personal information of an entertainment agency representative dongsaeng and his manager. Ha Jung Woo assumed this was vaguely related to privacy protection, and because it was a doctor who was requesting it, he gave the information without much suspicion. He does not know what exactly the hospital did with the information, but he never intended to hide the fact that he was receiving treatment.
Even though the hospital director requested it, he is deeply reflecting on the fact that he gave someone else’s personal information in this situation. He also apologizes sincerely to his fans for the misunderstandings that this has caused.
Fortunately, we have text messages from the past few months that confirm Ha Jung Woo’s appointments at the clinic, as well as conversations between him and the hospital director about the treatment and any follow-up procedures. The text messages will clearly show that he only went to the hospital with the goal of treatment in mind.
We ask that people refrain from releasing unconfirmed reports. The agency will eagerly comply with any requests from investigators.
For public artists, it is not helpful to have their names put out by the media in connection with controversial issues. Since our artist did not have anything on his conscience, we hoped that it would naturally die down. However, since the rumors kept spreading, we have decided to put out a statement.
We would like to apologize for causing concern to the fans and others who have always trusted and supported Ha Jung Woo.
Thank you.” cr
original post: naver
1. [+5729, -249] We all know that hospitals want to use celebrities who got treatment to advertise hospitals, so he really wants us to believe that his doctor wanted him to come in for treatment all covered up and under his younger brother’s name?ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+3607, -161] It was just a simple skin treatment, he’s not an idol with sasaeng fans on his tail. It must be so funny to be secretly receiving a dermatologist’s treatment under his younger brother’s nameㅋㅋ
3. [+4362, -1240] First of all, you guys should stay neutral…
4. [+2394, -136] But why get treated under his younger brother’s name..? I’m not understanding this
5. [+2527, -546] These drugs aren’t illegal if you have a prescription. Let’s just watch for confirmation whether he snuck out more drugs beyond his prescription using illegal distribution channels. It’s not too late to swear and be found guilty.
6. [+1289, -82] It’s obvious to anyone that he’s guilty so it’s hilarious that they’re asking us to be neutral… I’m cringing…
7. [+1186, -33] “From the very beginning, the clinic director advocated for privacy and told him to wear a mask and a hat when he came for treatment. In this context, the director asked Ha Jung Woo for the names and personal information of an entertainment agency representative dongsaeng and his manager. Ha Jung Woo assumed this was vaguely related to privacy protection, and because it was a doctor who was requesting it, he gave the information without much suspicion.” Is he serious with this?
8. [+1155, -9] No, Ha Jung Woo himself is his stage name and his real name is Kim Sung Hoon…. Kim Sung Hoon is such a common name. Why not just use that instead of his dongsaeng’s name? It’s medically illegal to get medicine prescribed to someone else’s name so why would the hospital go out of their way to do something illegal for him? Too suspicious
9. [+1113, -75] Does he think none of us have ever gotten laser treatments before? If anyone sees it, it seems like he’s the only one who gets it. Plastic surgery, which cuts cartilage with a knife, is also partially anesthetized. He’s just treating a laser. A general anesthesia? Why use your dongsaeng’s name if you’re so confident you’re doing nothing illegal?
10. [+818, -8] If what Ha Jung Woo says is true, then the hospital is guilty of a serious crime. Would hospitals ask for information of other people who aren’t patients?