“I felt guilty about the support of my fans”… Kim Heechul confesses feelings after his relationship with Momo went public
On January 28, Super Junior’s Heechul met up with Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon on her show, Petionista Taengoo, to talk about life’s problems. Naturally, conversation soon turned to his relationship with TWICE’s Momo, and Heechul revealed that the way fans reacted made him feel guilty and even impacted his decision to release a solo album.
There are lots of speculations going around. “They seem like they’ve been together over 3 years”, “I think it’s been 2 years.” There are so many speculations like that. Honestly, we didn’t know each other back then.
For our fans and her fans… I feel really sorry. But they congratulated us a lot.
When there was that recent issue [of dating Momo], the public and my fans who could have been upset said, “It’s OK, this isn’t that big of a deal”. “Thank you, we’ll always be rooting for you”. This kind of response made me feel kind of guilty.
I can only hold this much love, but after this incident, so many fans showed me love and I felt sorry to receive all that. So I thought, “I might not have what it takes to be a celebrity”.
I said that I wouldn’t talk about this on any program. I had worked on a solo album. I had the song ready … the title was “Flower Petal”.
It wasn’t a song dedicated to my fans only, but it was about flowers and flower petals. And then after the incident, I decided not to release a solo album … I wanted to block anything that could be misinterpreted.
I won’t be able to sing the song in the voice I have now at age 38 but still… If I can sing later… I’m trying to be positive. I’ve turned into a really positive person. – Heechul cr
original post: naver
1. [+8015, -441] Heechul-ah, it’s okay. I thought you liked men?! But I’m glad you’re dating a girl. Have a happy relationship. At least you’re feeling guilty, unlike someone… But you don’t have to feel guilty. If you did your best to tell your fans.
2. [+4612, -314] He’s always bringing up other people’s dating scandals on ‘Knowing Bros’ but he can’t do anything about his relationship.
3. [+2885, -280] He’ll be 40 years old soon, it wouldn’t be strange if we heard the wedding news from him. I don’t know what he’s sorry about… I wish all idols would have his mindset… On the contrary, I’m actually glad that he’s found someone to be by him while he’s grieving the losses of two dongsaengs. Don’t feel sorry~
4. [+1525, -87] It just means that he’s that much older now. He’s not in the same situation as any other young idol.
5. [+1037, -261] He’s always been so considerate of his fans so… don’t feel guilty ㅠㅠ First thing is for you to be happy! I just want to thank you ㅠㅠ
6. [+766, -107] He doesn’t have many fans so it doesn’t matter but Momo’s fans have left the fandomㅋㅋ
7. [+530, -37] Only TWICE’s fandom is suffering and crumbling from the inside right nowㅋㅋ
8. [+546, -61] Your fans will congratulate you on your first romantic relationship in 15 years, but it’s not the same for us TWICE fans, so please stop mentioning the relationship so much, it pisses me off