Hyuna’s Instagram post
“Hello, everyone. I’m not sure if this is the right decision to make for for my fans and those who like and show interest in me, but since I’ve thought a lot about it, I decided to talk about it.
The truth is, I’ve dreamt of standing on a stage ever since I was little. As a result, I ended up achieving that dream, received love and support that I didn’t expect, and grew significantly. Since I thought I had many opportunities since I was little, I was thankful and excited. And at times, I felt sorry as well. As time passed, I debuted and grew up into an adult, realized I needed to take responsibility for my actions without making mistakes, and that I was chosen, so I just ran at full speed out of greed. I didn’t even know I was sick. But since I was always surrounded by good people and my fans, I thought I was okay. I pushed it off, denied it, and then only realized it when I went to the hospital in 2016.
Since I was the type of person to naturally take medicine if my body was sick and to take cold medicine if I had a cold, I couldn’t believe my diagnosis of depression and panic disorder. I don’t think I believed it for around a year. Now, I naturally receive treatment every two weeks, and I try not to think of it as a negative thing since I so many people with me. But then for the first time, my vision turned hazy and I collapsed. I just assumed it was a symptom of panic disorder, but after a doctor at a university hospital examined my brain waves, I was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope. I just felt blank. I wanted to stand on the stage, but if I frequently collapsed and people knew about it, who would ask me to perform for them? I was worried more than anything, so I didn’t want to tell anyone. While I kept the secret for a long time, I felt bad and sorry every time I collapsed. I felt sorry to people who trusted me while I worked on advertisements and events. In order to lift the burden, I decided to be honest, and although I felt cautious, I ended up talking about it with courage, without hiding anything. I’ll do my best to continue forward with a positive attitude, but people can’t be perfect. I don’t think I’m too late, and I want to love and take good care of myself. And I’ll continue to be courageous and honest. Thank you very much for reading this.” – Hyuna
original post: theqoo
1. I’m grateful for your courage, Hyuna. I always cheer for you!!!
2. Don’t get sick, I’ll always support you.
3. Thanks for your courage ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Hyuna fighting! I hope you only see and hear good things and be happy.
4. Hyuna-ah ㅠㅜ Thank you for creating great stages ㅜㅜㅠ You’re the best dancer for me… I hope you’re always happy in the future, I love you, Hyuna!
5. I’m not a fan but I’m cheering for you. You’re so pretty and lovely. I want you to sing for your fans for a long time. You know, there are many people who are cheering for you like me. Hyuna, be healthy and happy~~
6. She looks so strong, but not at all. There are many celebrities who commit suicide due to depression. This reminds me that celebrities are just like us, they look strong and happy but they get hurt inside. I hope she gets over it. Hyuna, be happy!
7. Hyuna-ah, I’m cheering for you, don’t be influenced by what others say
8. Oh … It’s hard for her to say this. I hope that celebrities can talk more openly.
9. I’m your fan, I’ll always cheer you no matter what happens
10. She looked professional and shining on the stage, but her mind got hurt ㅠㅠ Be healthy and happy!
11. Hyuna, don’t be sick, be healthy and be happy
original post: naver
1. [+769, -3] Hyuna fighting!!
2. [+373, -4] Hyuna-ah, eat a lot of delicious foodㅠㅠ Hyuna-ah, cheer up and don’t think bad thoughts. DAWN, I hope you take good care of her.
3. [+116, -2] Hyuna, fighting!
4. [+116, -2] I have the same disease. Cheer up.
5. [+81, -2] DAWN, you’re gonna have to take good care of her.
original post: naver
1. [+1998, -8] Please love yourself and take care of yourself more than anybody else…
2. [+1807, -17] I’m cheering for her. She’s never once been lazy on stage, she always tries her best… She got a lot of hate for her sexy concepts at a young age but I think she finally met the right agency for her and is expressing her true colors the way she meant to … find strength, Hyuna-ssi
3. [+657, -15] The fact that getting hate comments when you work hard at your job just means that you’re beautiful and successful. Those comments are 90% from people who are envious and 10% from people with a mental illness.
4. [+629, -11] Hyuna, thank you for your courage to tell us. I hope you’re feeling better, both physically and emotionally.
5. [+271, -76] If it’s because of stress, perhaps a life in nature like Lee Hyori is best…