“Mocking black culture vs Just a style” International fan debate over Hyuna’s reggae hair -> “I respect everyone” statement
Many fans have expressed their disappointment in HyunA for getting braids that have cultural value, for her lack of respect, and for posting photos and a video of her flaunting her newly done braids.
Around an hour later, HyunA posted a short video of her giving fans a special message about how she loves and respects all her fans.
“Hi everyone. I’m going to dream land now. I love and respect all my fans. As difficult as it is, please don’t think badly of it. Let’s understand each other. Good night.”
original post: naver
1. [+631, -3] Then, if a black person gets straight hair, are they mocking Asians?
2. [+395, -1] So many idols have already had reggae hairㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Who came up with something as illogical as this hair style being a mockery of black people? Then, if you bleach your hair, are you mocking white people?
3. [+128, -3] A mockery; They were talking as if she put down the black people
4. [+120, -0] What’s wrong with reggae hair? Not all black people are doing that, and there’s a lot of people out there who don’t~~ Isn’t that just a hairstyle? Is there an exclusive hairstyle for each country? So what about people who dye their hair silver or blonde to look like foreigners? I think people are swearing at her for nothing. I think she’s pretty.
5. [+69, -0] How is this a mockery? So many celebrities had it in the 90s. I don’t understand.
6. [+19, -0] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Reggae hair is mocking black people now??? How tiring it must be to find everything so problematic,,ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+15, -0] If you go to Southeast Asia, they braid your hair like this.. Compared to that, Thais and Vietnamese are mocking black people too?
8. [+7, -0] White people sometimes dye their hair black. Are they mocking the Orient?