“NO Korean promos” … Japan’s ‘Produce 101’ debut group JO1 preparing an album in Korea
Following rumors that JO1 was planning to debut in Korea, Mnet told News1 on December 24, “JO1 is producing their album and training in Korea, but there are absolutely no plans for them to debut in Korea.” They added, “There are no Korean songs on their album either.”
The source clarified that JO1 has a separate Japanese production company. “Mnet is not at all connected to their album production or management,” they stated.
original post: naver
1. [+1692, -18] You would think that if they had a conscience they would at least add a few Korean members if they’re going to make their debut in Korea but no, they’re going to put a spoon on K-pop with that kind of debutㅋㅋ
2. [+1385, -15] All three Korean trainees who were at the top of the Produce Japan debut group got kicked as well as the Koreans that choreographed and composed the song. The Japanese composers who made the trash songs were all on the airㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I didn’t hate Japan but seeing them this biased makes my anti-Japanese sentiment worse.
3. [+655, -16] Yeah, with those faces… It won’t work here anyway
4. [+538, -7] Please just stay in your country.
5. [+283, -35] You guys know how anti-Japanese sentiment works, right?
6. [+103, -2] Please explain to me that three top Koreans trainees didn’t debut in the group
7. [+97, -2] Fact) Mnet + CJ = pro-Japanese
8. [+86, -2] I heard it’s pure J-POP, but they’re trained in Korean style under Korean teachers ㅋㅋㅋ Now they want to go to the U.S. and they know that K-POP style is an advantage, I understand.