JTBC “‘Snowdrop’ beautifying spies? Speculations, we would never do such thing”
“This is JTBC’s statement on the controversy surrounding the drama “Snowdrop.”
“Snowdrop” is not a drama that disparages the pro-democracy movement or glamorizes being a spy or working for the NSP.
“Snowdrop” is a black comedy that satirizes the presidential elections taking place in the 1980s under a military regime during the North-South tension on the Korean peninsula. It is also a melodrama about the young men and women who were victims of that situation.
We received all sorts of criticism after certain sentences were taken out of context from parts of an incomplete synopsis that were leaked online, but all of this was based on mere speculation.
In particular, accusations like “the drama will show a North Korean spy leading the pro-democracy movement” and “the drama made a real student activist into a character” and “the drama glamorizes the Agency of National Security Planning” are not only different from the drama’s actual content but also far from the production staff’s intention.
We firmly reiterate that the accusations going around about “Snowdrop” are unrelated to the drama’s actual content or the production’s staff’s intentions. We ask that you refrain from reckless speculation about a drama that has not even been revealed.” cr
original post: theqoo
1. It’s a black comedy that satirizes the presidential elections???
2. First, please explain the name of the drama
3. Black comedy…
4. Black comedy with the context of the democratization movement…?
5. Black comedy?? If you look at the synoptic or cast, that sounds like a bullsh*t excuse
6. Black comedy? Do they think we are fools?
7. Can the democracy movement and black comedy exist at the same time?
8. Why did the North-South confrontation appear in the democratization movement?
9. Black comedy? What kind of bullsh*t
10. Just stop this drama