BTS side, Jungkook visiting Itaewon bar → Corona test rumors “We’re checking”
This is Big Hit Entertainment.
Here is our official statement regarding BTS member Jungkook’s visit to the neighborhood of Itaewon in Seoul.
Last week, several news outlets reached out to us to ask about whether Jungkook had visited the neighborhood of Itaewon, and we sincerely apologize for belatedly realizing that the agency’s response to the questions were problematic.
It is true that Jungkook went to the neighborhood of Itaewon. However, at the time, he did not go to the place that became a problem due to the confirmed case in early May, and Jungkook was in Itaewon a week prior to the first confirmed case (first case related to the chain of infections in the neighborhood of Itaewon). Moreover, to abide by the government’s guidelines, Jungkook took measures such as receiving a test for COVID-19, so we deemed it inappropriate to reveal our artist’s private life to the public.
However, there is no room for excuse regarding the fact that we, as the agency of the artist in question, had not properly recognized the heavy importance of social distancing and prioritized the protection of the artist’s private life over it. We bow our heads to everyone in apology.
On the evening of April 25, Saturday, Jungkook visited a restaurant and bar in the neighborhood of Itaewon with his acquaintances. He showed no symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or a fever following the visit. He voluntarily received a test for COVID-19 at a government-designated hospital and tested negative. The artist himself is currently feeling deeply regretful for not having faithfully contributed to the entire society’s social distancing efforts.
We at Big Hit are doing our best to follow social distancing protocols as well as other guidelines and prevention methods for COVID-19. We will follow [the guidelines] more thoroughly to ensure that such things do not happen again. We apologize for causing concern to many people including fans.” cr
original post: nate
1. [+2010, -91] No, is he the only member of BTS? The news of BTS scandals is always about Jungkook
2. [+1626, -53] Although they know the truth, but because Dispatch published the article, so they cann’t deny it anymoreㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+1464, -50] Dispatch’s article is undeniable… He needs to really watch out for his image
4. [+150, -5] He’s the only one causing trouble in BTS
5. [+107, -3] He always causes trouble
6. [+88, -6] Isn’t he the maknae of BTS? Looks like he’ll be the first to enlist
7. [+88, -5] I’m a male fan of BTS but Jungkook is constantly involved in scandals like this, he needs to be more careful. He’s never in the news for bad things if he stays with his hyungs
8. [+81, -4] Honestly, I don’t know much about BTS but I feel like I’m seeing a lot of news about Jungkook,,,,, This is the time when we need to be careful. He shouldn’t have done this if he thought about the medical staff struggling with protective clothing in this hot weather.