JYP side “Lia’s school violence suspicions = Distorted truth, Demand for reinvestigation for defamation”
“Hello, this is JYP Entertainment.
We would like to inform you of the company’s position regarding the recent media coverage of label artist Lia. The first charges concerning A were not against A as a victim of school violence, but against the posts and comments that were judged as malicious, including A’s posts.
- The articles cited were posted on internet community sites for over 2 years since 2018, and we couldn’t figure out who the original poster was. They also did not specifically complain about school violence. The company operates on a system that regularly takes legal action against malicious posts based on fan reports and post monitoring. During this process, the articles also were subject to legal action in December of 2020.
- During the police investigation, it was discovered that 4 of the above 5 posts were written by the same person with different nicknames, and the other 1 post was written by another person. However, while the police were investigating the case in February of this year, another Internet community post was posted by the person believed to be the author of the above post, stating that they were under investigation by the police. The author and their acquaintances complained about being bullied at school, but soon a person who was supposedly an acquaintance posted an article on the same internet community that they did not consider the incident to be school violence and thought it was not a big deal. The person who posted the original article also posted and deleted the article repeatedly.
- After the legal representative presented the complaint and took legal action on Lia’s behalf, the police filed charges against the two posters. However, through an interview with the media, the police dropped the charges against the publishers, stating that there is no evidence to show that the content is false nor is there any evidence to show the content is true. In other words, the charges being dropped does not mean Lia admits to school violence. Therefore, the artist and the company plan to file an objection to the police and request a re-investigation for defamation by false facts. Both the artist and the company want the truth to be revealed through a more in-depth investigation.
This is because we believe that there should be no victims who have been unfairly treated, but at the same time, there should not be any victims of untrue or distorted information.” cr
original post: theqoo
1. Crazy, they’re asking for a reinvestigation… The victim will be hurt many times over
2. They want to sue a 22-year-old kid three times with a law firm?
4. Honestly, I think the results won’t change… Are they trying to buy time or are they aiming to harass the victim? Disgusting
5. Will they sue the victim until they get the conclusion they want?
6. Please stop talking about personality, it’s ridiculous
7. Please stop now..
8. I feel so sorry for the victim…
9. The victim must feel tormented just seeing her on TV already……… Reinvestigation.. This is too much
10. JYP treats the public like idiots