JYP says the most important thing for idol groups is album sales
original post: theqoo
1. I think most people would agree with this… When the album sales are good, the groups make a lot of money from selling concert tickets + merchandise… I think I saw the same thing from Bang Si Hyuk.
2. Park Jin Young is right, but both are important.
3. Anyway, the idol industry is a business field.. Popularity is not meaningless, but in terms of profit, it’s more profitable and more stable to have core fans spend money even if the group is not more popular than the group without core fans.
4. Idol groups must have a core fandom to stay stable for a long time.
5. But idol groups need good music to expand and maintain their fandom, so I think good music and digital streaming is important.
6. But if you believe that and don’t care about the quality of the music, you won’t keep the core fans
7. A successful group has both good digital streaming and good album sales.. Both affect each other and are important… But which of these two is more valuable and useful for the company?
8. I listened to many idol songs when I was a muggle, but I never bought an albumㅋㅋㅋ
9. YANG HYUN SUK pays more attention to digital streaming than album salesㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. For me, good music is important, good music is the core.
11. He’s right… I only listened to songs when I was a muggle, but now I have to buy albums, go to concerts, buy light sticks and merchandise…ㅋㅋㅋ