Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Hwang Hee “If BTS applies for postponement of military service, I will recommend it”
On an appearance on YTN News, Hwang Hee, Minister of Culture, Sports & Tourism, says he will definitely recommend BTS for postponement of enlistment, if they submit an application, which they haven’t submitted yet.
Recently the laws have changed, so popular culture artists who have received government medals for making a significant contribution in promoting national prestige domestically and abroad can delay their enlistment until the age of 30 with the recommendation from the Ministry of Culture, Sports & Tourism.
He said he would combine fairness, equity and the Defense Ministry’s opinion when considering some of the criticism from some in the cultural circles that BTS is the only artist that can benefit from this system and that the law needs to expand the scope.
original post: theqoo
1. BTS should be deferred from military service, don’t they contribute to the promotion of national prestige more than anyone else?
2. I support them whether they get a deferment of military service or not
3. Honestly, even if BTS is exempt from military service, I support that
4. Please stop talking about BTS’s enlistment
5. I’m a fan of BTS.. I hate that BTS is mentioned about enlistment every day ㅠㅠ
6. Leave BTS alone
7. I was having lunch with my colleagues and BTS appeared on the news, and my colleagues said that BTS should be exempt from military service…’
8. I wish BTS could be exempt from military service
9. I’m not really a fan of BTS, but it’s a waste of BTS to go to the army;
10. How many years have you been talking about this?