President Moon Jae In appoints BTS as special envoys.. Attending the UN General Assembly in September
President Moon Jae In has formally named K-Pop group BTS as special, presidential envoys for South Korea’s future growth and culture.
According to Blue House spokesperson Park Kyung Mi on July 21, president Moon chose to appoint BTS as special envoys of Korea’s growth and culture in order to “expand the country’s diplomatic strength and outreach on a global level, during a time when South Korea’s status within the international society is gaining greater recognition.”
The move will also serve as an extension of president Moon’s public diplomacy, a “collaborative effort with professionals in the field of civic culture whose stage is the world, to enhance South Korea’s image as a nation which takes the lead in global issues.”
BTS’s first formal activity as presidential envoys will be to attend the upcoming 75th United Nations General Assembly, taking place in September. The group plans on delivering a message of hope and comfort for the world’s youth. Moving forward, BTS are expected to collaborate with various international organizations in areas such as environmental protection, poverty, diversity, etc as presidential envoys representing South Korea. cr
original post: theqoo
1. Oh my gosh… I’m so proud of BTS!!!!
2. BTS’s life is so proudㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’m so proud of BTS ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. I’m a little worried that this might put too much pressure on kids who love music, but BTS will prove President Moon Jae In’s choice right!! We are so proud of BTS!
4. Well, it’s great that world famous singers are special envoys of Korea
5. BTS will attend the UN General Assembly as special envoys. BTS is awesome
6. I’m so proud of BTS. BTS’ cultural influence is huge, BTS members are like diplomats ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
7. Wow, BTS are living legends.. I envy BTS and their fans
8. If you see BTS’ influence now, you have to admit it
9. Wow, BTS’s status is almost like a cultural diplomat
10. Other countries, we have BTS, but you don’t