‘Archive K’ What is K-pop according to Psy and Park Jin Young
“I think the time has come for the definition of K-Pop to change. It’s not a matter of what country the singer comes from or what language they are singing the song anymore. Say there is a foreign company that produces a Korean artist and a Korean company that produces a foreign artist. Which one is K-Pop?” – Park Jin Young
“The standards of the Korean public are very high. Although K-Pop has received tons of praise from a global viewpoint, our first gateway is always ‘can we receive praise from Korea?’ And if you want to be recognized in Korea, you really have to do well. There isn’t a team that does poorly in K-Pop. If K-Pop was an entrance exam, these artists are like a series of perfect scorers. All the hard work and effort they put in to show their best image is the reason they receive the applause when they go out into the world.” – Psy cr
original post: theqoo
1. Psy is an artist, but Park Jin Young is a businessman
2. I agree with Psy’s thoughts, but Park Jin Young gives off more of a business mindset
3. Psy reminds me of archery ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Winning archery in Korea is even more difficult than in the Olympics
4. Park Jin Young means NiziU is a K-Pop group..?
5. Psy is speaking facts!
6. Jinyoung was wrong… Psy knows very well what K-Pop is. Today, foreign fans are more interested in the Korean music market, if a group doesn’t promote in Korea then foreign K-Pop fans care less about them
7. Park Jin Young is just a businessman, and sooner or later, he will be ruined in Korea with his thoughts… Is NiziU being of interest in Korea right now? I agree with Psy’s thoughts
8. Psy totally understands the Korean public view about K-Pop
9. Park Jin Young seems to want to say that NiziU is a K-pop group
10. Park Jin Young seems to be saying that because of NiziUㅋㅋㅋ What bullsh*t