Statement regarding Seventeen’s Mingyu
“Hello, this is Pledis Entertainment.
We notify an additional update regarding the online school bullying rumors raised against Seventeen’s Mingyu.
The agency has held several dialogues with the accuser who attended the same tutoring school as Mingyu, confirming the details of the allegations. Through the dialogues, both sides have come to a mutual agreement to settle misunderstandings and bring the issue to an end.
This accuser, who went through various personal situations during their middle school days, stated that they published the bullying post in the hopes of making the injustices done to them known publicly. As a result, the topic of Mingyu came up.
In response, our artist explained that he often played jokes with the other male classmates at the tutoring school; however, he had no intention of ‘bullying’ or mistreating any specific individuals with the intent to hurt and belittle. However, the artist also relayed that if his past actions inflicted discomfort on the accuser, then he offered his sincere apologies.
The accuser has accepted Mingyu’s apology, as well as the terms of this settlement. The accuser has \ made it clear throughout the dialogues that they do not wish to see Mingyu leaving the group or halting his activities.
Finally, Pledis Entertainment has also confirmed the contents of this statement in advance with the accuser, and the accuser has given their permission to publicize the contents mentioned.
Now, Pledis Entertainment has successfully contacted all individual accusers who were open to dialogues. The agency is currently considering how to contact anonymous users who made allegations without identification.
We will release any new or updated information as soon as they become available.” cr
original post: theqoo
1. Oh, they are handling the controversy neatly
2. Cube, are you looking at Pledis?
3. I’m glad he apologized to the victim
4. Good, I hope the rest will be resolved soon
5. “Pledis Entertainment has also confirmed the contents of this statement in advance with the accuser, and the accuser has given their permission to publicize the contents mentioned.” This part is the most impressive
6. Thanks Pledis. This is the first time I’m grateful to the agency for this..
7. I’m not a fan, and I’ve never said anything, but it’s the most obvious and best statement…
8. Pledis is really good. Other agencies, look at Pledis and learn
9. Everyone had a hard time…
10. The statement is neat