The reason why BTS is currently the #1 real-time search word on China Weibo
“China sacrificed 360,000 soldiers”
“Get out of China”
“Why are idols revealing their political stance publicly…”
“Didn’t these fans feel amazing when they were insulting other celebrities? It turns out that the idols they stan are people who insult the Chinese”
“Leave. BTS is dead”
“This related content recommendation makes me sad. Don’t stop the hallyu ban.” (The content talks about someone that helped the Chinese assist North Korea in the Korean War and the hardships they went through)
“Fans should pay $250 and renounce their Chinese nationality before defending them. Don’t forget which country you’re from just because you’re idolizing celebrities.”
BTS recently received Van Fleet Award for their contributions to the US-Korea relationship
RM‘s part of the speech referred to 2020 being the 70 year anniversary of the Korean War, and honored those who sacrificed their lives to help South Korea separate from North Korea.
“This year’s Korea Society 2020 Annual Gala is especially meaningful as this year marks the 70th Anniversary of the Korean War. We will always remember the history of pain that our two nations shared together, and the sacrifices of countless men and women. After seventy years, the world we are living in is much closer than before, and boundaries and many aspects are getting more blurry than before.
As members of the global community, we should build deeper understanding and solidarity to be happier together. In pursuit of this cause, BTS will always remind ourselves of the meaning of the Van Fleet Award and keep doing our best in all that we do. Thank you very much.” – RM
However, Chinese netizens have an issue with this statement, as the Chinese were on the side of communism backed North Korea, along with the Soviet Union. Hundreds of thousands of Chinese lives were also lost in the Korean War. cr
Currently, 700,000 people sympathize with post criticizing BTS and more than 18,000 comments have been posted
original post: instiz
1. China out!!
2. I really hate China;
3. Leave BTS alone; Are they crazy?
4. BTS is not Chinese singers, what’s wrong with them?
5. Are there any BTS activities in China? Why are they asking BTS out of China?
6. BTS fighting~
7. 700,000 people compared to the population of China is not much?! Never mind, keep going~~!! I love BTS~~!!
8. There are a lot of weird people in China^^
9. RM didn’t even mention the Korean and American armies‼ ️Why did they criticize BTS? Are they crazy?
10. Does anyone in the world think they talked about China? They got an award for their contribution to the US-Korea relationship and they said what they felt about it. What is China related?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ