The reason why the music industry currently has to reconsider the record of music videos that use YouTube ads
Recently, a music video from India set a record with 75 million views in 24 hours
Currently rank 2 is
BTS Boy With Luv, 78 million (unofficial) / 74.6 million (official)
Taylor Swift ME!, 56.99 million (unofficial) / 65.2 million (official)
On YouTube, this record does not have an official article about it being ranked #1, because it was created by buying ads from Google and YouTube.
By the way, Indian singer and Sony Music India has expressed dissatisfaction when many singers, including Taylor Swift and BLACKPINK, who have been ranked 2 and 3 in 24 official hours, have also used ads like them.
(Rank 1,3,4,5 in the first 24-hour view rankings is music videos using ads)
Rank 1 is a music video from India
Bloomberg, Billboard, Forbes and others have confirmed the record of music videos that use ads by existing singers, and it’s unfair that they don’t acknowledge the 1st rank of Indian music video.
original post: theqoo
1. You have the right to use ads, but if a music video uses ads to reach a record, it’s an unfair fight.
2. I just feel proud of BTS because they don’t use ads.
3. That’s right. They should recognize the 1st rank of Indian music videos.
4. Why is it different now? If they don’t accept Indian singers music videos, they should not accept existing ads hit songs.
5. They should not recognize music videos using ads from now on! ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ
6. Music videos using ads should be ranked separately
7. What is the difference in unformal and official views?
8. If they think of singers who are ranked 2 and 3, they must admit the record of that singer, but frankly, it seems unfair to surpass BTS’ record because BTS doesn’t use ads.
9. Contact Bloomberg to find out if it is false information.
10. I only know BTS is a wall.
You can refer to this article HERE