TWICE’s Jihyo revealed her thoughts to her fans “Scared of malicious rumors and comments”
Jihyo’s full statement:
“Thinking that ONCE may have been hurt and disappointed yesterday from the V App chat, I’m sorry.
I’ll try to explain from the beginning.
After there were completely unfounded rumors about me in March last year, I became more scared about being in front of people.
The reason I cried at the airport was also because all the people taking photos/filming and yelling made me feel a lot of fear, and I was so scared about what those people thought of me and how they saw me.
In August, my private life became known, and after that, there were a lot of false rumors as well. Because of that, my anxiety, feelings of depression, fear, and all kinds of negative emotions became so overwhelming that being in front of people, saying just one thing, or performing was scary and hard.
Even during our tour, the feelings of fear were so strong that I went to the hospital for a consultation and received prescription medicine, but none of it helped much. Some time passed, our Japan tour started, and starting from our performance in Japan right before MAMA, being in places with a lot of people became so, so hard.
All throughout our performance on December 3, I cried from fear and wanted to hide. In that state, I had to go to MAMA and face so many more people than were at our performance, and I had to speak and perform. That made even breathing hard for me.
Because of that, when returning to Korea, I was worried that I would cry again, or that people would see me having a hard time. I didn’t want people to worry, so I returned at a different time than the rest of the TWICE members.
During all of this, no, ever since I debuted, I have seen countless negative comments about me, ridiculing me, and cursing at me. It really hurt, and it made me really mad, but because there is the work that I’ve done, because I have my job and my fans, I left it alone.
That’s what it was like leading up to MAMA.
I’m not complaining so that you’ll pity me, and I’m not asking for attention. I just wanted to explain why I ended up expressing my feelings in a negative way towards someone yesterday.
No matter what has happened, I’ve never been insincere in front of ONCE. ONCE has never not been important to me, and I’ve never not been concerned about ONCE. Yesterday as well, I was completely sincere.
What makes me the most apologetic is that I know that our team and ONCE are really confused right now. Because of that, I’m so sorry about letting my emotions get the best of me while speaking yesterday. [I’m so sorry] to both ONCE and my team. Because of [what I said], the TWICE members also posted explanations. Reading what they said as well as what ONCE said, I felt it was right that I explain my own actions, so here I am writing this.
Me singing, performing, and communicating with ONCE is because I want both myself and ONCE to be happy. I do all of this because I sincerely wish for our happiness.
The reason I do this work is because I have ONCE, who love me and warmly embrace me. I can handle a lot, so I’d like if it you didn’t see those things, which would upset you.
In the future, as long as I’m a celebrity and an idol, there are going to be issues and rumors, but I’m going to do well, and I don’t want to make you spend the precious time that we can be happy and laugh and smile together on other things.
I’m sorry for making you worry, and thank you, ONCE.” cr
original post: naver
1. [+706, -199] Let’s stop criticizing celebrities. Let’s become a society that respects each other.
2. [+534, -221] Stop criticizing Jihyo, everyone… She’s in her 20s and she’s having a hard time so please don’t criticize her anymoreㅠㅠㅠ
3. [+307, -164] Jihyo-ya, I love you. ONCE will always cheer for Jihyo.
4. [+248, -146] Thank you for being the best leader of TWICE and ONCE. Thank you for not giving up easily. Being a leader isn’t that easy, but I’m so proud of what Jihyo is saying. Although difficult, Jihyo is also brave about it and hopes things will get better. Rest as much as you need. ONCE will wait for you.
5. [+220, -125] Jihyo-ya, ONCE knows all about you. It’s okay. Let’s find strength.
6. [+56, -12] Don’t worry. Your true fan knows you don’t have to say it. You deserve enough to be loved. Tell me when you’re sick and tired. Don’t hold back. It’s not just for you, but for those who love you. Let’s do well in 2020.
7. [+50, -11] Is this a controversial issue? I’m sure they’re just trying to criticize her. It’s hard for her to live as a female celebrity.
8. [+58, -27] If you’re having a hard time, take a break. No one’s forcing you to come out.
9. [+32, -3] She looks so stressful and she’s having a hard time ㅠ Pressured by the public and the media, her privacy was revealed ㅠ Let’s find strength, they’ll all settle down a little over time ㅠ I hope you stand on the stage and smile. Fighting!
10. [+38, -11] Jihyo fighting, let’s find strength.
11. [+30, -3] I think she should get some rest.