‘Vote manipulation’ X1 and IZ*ONE are most likely to disband
An IZ*ONE member’s agency associate shared with the Korean press, “With the scandal growing, IZ*ONE members are now feeling uncomfortable and mentally distressed.”
“We’ve tried to keep the members calm, but we agree that it is going to be impossible to continue promoting like this. Plus, as the issue is socially very controversial and influential, we are keeping our eyes out on how things unfold.
CJ ENM will make the final call. But we all agree that there isn’t a reason for the groups to keep going. Regardless of the police investigations and results, a final decision will be released soon. X1 is wrapping up their previously-scheduled events, but they won’t be promoting beyond that.
The group is now permanently labeled the ‘Rigged Group’ and the members are being mocked for manipulating their rankings. Plus, should the actual names of those who benefited from the rigging get revealed… these members’ reputations could become even more damaged and irreversible.” – Agency Associate cr
original post: naver
1. [+1668, -283] Please don’t write this article as if it’s been confirmed that they’re discussing it without solid information.
2. [+1119, -101] The content of the article says they’re discussing. It seems unconfirmed, but the journalist writes as if the group disbandment is unavoidable. It’s ridiculous.
3. [+1036, -100] IZ*ONE’s agency just said they can’t be active right now, and they’re reviewing the situation. But everything the journalist wrote as if the group disbandment was decided…
4. [+888, -93] There are a lot of weird reporters, no matter how much you want to attract attention, you shouldn’t hurt the fans who are waiting.
5. [+454, -69] This isn’t it. Adults made a mistake. Why do the kids have to take responsibility? Over the past few days, the members have been criticized and Mnet didn’t issue a clear statement. This is the easiest solution for Mnet. In the mood of the current public, will disbanding make the members receive less criticism? Can they continue their careers in the entertainment industry? Instead, Mnet must take responsibility and protect them to overcome this controversy. When IZ*ONE got all the criticism, they didn’t even say anything about it, and now they have to take responsibility by disbanding.
6. [+358, -67] Why disband the group? Why do the kids take the biggest responsibility for the sins of adults? Aren’t X1 and IZ*ONE victims? They see trainees as a money-making tool and a machine. Replace a few real members and make a comeback? Hey guys, do you think that’s possible? The members have their feelings. This is a situation where all trainees are victims. CJ will take a break from the profit distribution, CJ will provide compensation for damages to the trainees, and IZ*ONE and X1 will be able to promote as promised.