Summary of current controversy of BLACKPINK
Spotify free users get the non-skippable 30 second ads is the new song BLACKPINK. It counts as streaming
Blackpink’s rank +105 on Spotify chart
post response: [+1166][-44]
original post: pann
1.[+437, -31] If someone mentions BLACKPINK, you will think that they using the money to buy the results
2. [+410, -24] I heard it from my friend, so it’s true? I heard this is how to increase BLACKPINK’s MV views… What a delinquent
3. [+369, -34] Hul, so If I listen to BTS, I’m forced to listen to Blackpink? ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+194, -5] I’m more surprised that Spotify has a system like this. Listening to unstoppable 30-second ads counts as streaming. You have to pay if you don’t want to stream other artists… Of course BTS fans would be upset. They’d stream for their artist but they’re forced to stream other artist, too ㅋㅋ If they implement unstoppable 30-second ads of BTS in Blackpink’s music videos and it counts for BTS’ views, I’m sure you guys will make it a fuss. It’s too bad that BTS is being used for this media-play.
5. [+163, -6] After BTS’ comeback, the headlines will “Blackpink’s rank on US Spotify is the highest for Korean artists, surpassing BTS” ㅋㅋㅋ I’m annoyed already
6. [+105, -2] This promo is set for Kpop category. When BTS has a comeback next week, BTS fans will have to stream with this ad. Isn’t this the reason why Blackpink rushed their comeback when they don’t even have a proper album yet?
7. [+49, -1] Official by Spotify, They said 30 seconds ads count as streaming.