YG Entertainment “we have terminated our exclusive contract with CL, thank you for the shining promotions”
“Hello, this is YG Entertainment.
We have come to an agreement with CL to end her exclusive contract, in order to respect the wishes of both sides.
We would like to relay our deep word of thanks to the fans, who loved CL during her shining promotions as an artist under YG Entertainment.
After debuting as a member of 2NE1 in 2009, CL promoted as both a leader and rapper, while also leading trends in fields such as music, fashion, etc. She also left proud footprints in the title of the first Korean female solo artist to enter Billboard’s ‘Hot 100’ chart, in October of 2016.
We ask for your abundant encouragements and attention toward CL’s new and future activities, and YG Entertainment also promises to cheer her on with unchanging loyalty and affection. Thank you.”
original post: naver
1. [+2861, -27] Wow today is a special day for the fans. Today is the anniversary.
2. [+621, -29] YG is YG~~ It’s really frustrating to see the way YG manages things. What if you let all the talented singers rot in your company? They didn’t let their talented singers release music. They’re stupid. What a waste of CL’s talent ㅜㅜㅜㅜ
3. [+632, -67] If JYP’s obsession with America was Wonder Girl and G.Soul, YG’s was Se7en and CL … SM’s was BoA and now SuperM
4. [+323, -9] YG’s terrible treatment of CL 1. Put the group on hiatus using CL’s American debut as an excuse. 2. Blocked her from releasing her solo song in the US. 3. Although she has recorded the song and filmed the MV. CL even got mad and released snippets of the MV but YG asked her to take it down. She even complained to Yang Hyun Suk on Instagram about it. 4. They let her go on hiatus for 3 years even though they had promised to let her debut solo. Basically, they treated her like she was invisible.
5. [+210, -1] I think we can think of it as the anniversary of the emancipation of CL from YGㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Congratulations, Lee Chaerin~~!!!!!!! I hope Sandara Park leaves in the future too.
6. [+126, -2] Sandara, Taeyang, AKMU, Lee Hi, please escape that drugstore
7. [+51, -2] She has been wasting her youth at the agency since the group disbanded.
8. [+34, -0] I’ve been waiting for this day since Gong Minji left. Yang Hyun Suk needs to take responsibility for wasting their talents. He really hurt Gong Minji with his comments about her. Anyway, I hope everyone leaves the trash company.
9. [+34, -0] You finally escaped the drugstore! Congratulations!!