YG to delete controversial scenes from ‘Lovesick Girls’ MV… Deeply apologize to nurses
On October 7, YG Entertainment released an updated statement, revealing intentions to delete scenes involving Jennie’s controversial nurse outfit in BLACKPINK’s “Lovesick Girls” MV.
The updated statement comes a day after YGE previously asked the public to interpret the nurse scene as a form of artistic expression, portraying specific lyrics in “Lovesick Girls”.
The agency stated on October 7,
“We have ultimately decided to delete all scenes involving the nurse outfit in BLACKPINK’s ‘Lovesick Girls’ MV, and we plan on replacing the MV with the edited version as soon as possible.
We will take this opportunity to deeply reflect on the heavy responsibilities laid out before us through this issue, caused due to the fact that we were unable to predict the rise of such a controversy within the length of the MV’s production as there was no external intention whatsoever.
We would like to deeply apologize to nurses who felt discomfort from this issue. And once again, we deliver our sincerest feelings of respect toward all healthcare workers devoting themselves to the wellbeing of our nation. Thank you.” cr
original post: instiz
1. Please do this as soon as possible ㅠㅠ
2. I hope you will be more careful in the future…
3. Please don’t use ridiculous reasons like art, just delete those scenes from the MV…..
4. In the end, only singers got cursed ㅠㅠ
5. YG should have done this earlier ㅠㅠ They shouldn’t have said those scenes were art ㅠㅠ
6. Who is the music director? Stop criticizing Jennie and BLACKPINK. The one who deserves to be criticized is the person hiding behind the singers
7. That’s rightㅋㅋ There is no art higher than human rights~
8. As expected, it’s YG~ Their response was so slow~~
9. Why didn’t you delete those scenes earlier?..
10. It was YG’s fault, stop criticizing BLACKPINK